In recent years, the Scott County Chamber of Commerce began a strategic look of the Chamber of Commerce. Feeling that they could better serve the community, the Chamber has spent most of the year to review where they were as a Chamber. Such questions as of; who are we, what do we do, & what benefits are there for our members to join? It has been a hard look at the core of the Chamber of Commerce. In response to the outcome, the Chamber has begun to identify where it is indeed they want to focus their efforts and works.
The Chamber of Commerce is made up of 28 directors from across the county to help to serve and network this community. They are a group of strong and skilled individuals who bring the best interest of the community to the table and try to encase benefits that will better and profit the community. Listed below are a few things we offer.
• Business Counseling ( Offering sessions on topics designed for the needs of your company)
• Data Research (to better enable the Industrial Development Board and County Government for not only Industrial but retail, small business, and simple relocation.)
• Re-vamping of the Chamber website ( Ben Garrett will reface our Chamber website and update our tourism website, discoverscott.com)
• New brochures and distribution (New brochures are currently being designed by local talent. This will enable your business to see more growth as more individuals become aware of our community.)
• Tourism Board (we have volunteers who have begun forging a process of identifying our greatest resources and how to sell them to the community. The ideas and works already are in the beginning stages and are truly exciting.)
• New county map (this year alone we have handed out over 200 maps just within the office of our county. Whether this be a tourist, a stationed worker, or someone interested in relocating to our area, the face of our map needs to be fresh and clean.)
• Recognition (The Chamber of Commerce will continue to recognize your business. We love featuring our own ads/videos in the paper about your business. Focusing on, what are the uniqueness and qualities of shopping or supporting your company?
• Shop Local (We are changing the face of how the Shop Local is handled. It will get a complete face-lift. I am very excited about the potential each of our members will have to promote their own business through this program.
Santa Shops Scott
Fall on the Mall
Free Outdoor Summer Movie Nights
Free Summer Swim Party
Facebook (Chamber Page, Discover Scott, & Scott County Job Board)
Student of the Month
Student of the Year Scholarship
Monthly Director Meetings
Free Christmas Movie Night
That is the direction your newly focused Chamber of Commerce is heading. We are truly excited about this new focus. It will be a long journey, but we feel we have chosen some of the best-skilled minds to lead the charge. If you have any questions or concerns, talk to one of your Directors or simply call me at 423-663-6900. We are here to serve you. WE ARE A TEAM!
We hope you continue to support your local community and once again partner with the Scott County Chamber of Commerce for 2022.
Stacey Swann, executive director
OUR HEALTH MISSION Our experienced medical professionals put your healing needs first. We are proud to provide a high-quality level of customer service, medical experience, and commitment to health and […]
The Children’s Center of the Cumberlands is a Child Advocacy Center (CAC), which is a community-based, child-focused facility where children alleged to be victims of abuse or neglect are interviewed, […]
Laurel Fork Rustic Retreat is a Tennessee licensed vacation rental management company. We are a family owned and operated business focused on serving the lodging needs of the visitors to […]
Thompson Medical Clinic is dedicated to optimizing the quality of healthcare through an integrative approach to health and wellness. We include both conventional and complementary treatments for general health, healing, […]
Dr. Nate Brennan, DPM is a Podiatry Specialist in Oneida, TN. He is affiliated with Jamestown Regional Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with […]